Международная летняя школа SUMIT
SUMIT — accelerate your startup to worldwide standards
SumIT is a progressive, international educational and mentoring program based on the best practices in technological entrepreneurship for IT / MOBILE / INTERNET projects interested in entering the Russian and Global markets.
This program started in 2012 at the Saint Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (ITMO University), which is one of the leading higher education institutions of Russia, providing training and research in advanced science, humanities, engineering, and technology.
- has assisted in creating projects since 2012
- more than 1,000 applications
- more than 50 international experts and mentors + international business network
- more than 70 graduates
- we help to raise investments — our graduates have raised over $5 million in investments on demo days
- we help to set up a revenue stream — our graduates have already made over $3 million in revenue
- ITMO University is up by 100 in QS World University Rankings
- Saint Petersburg is one of the most beautiful Russian cities with an excellent lifestyle for students and young entrepreneurs
- The entire program is held in English.
- Projects are done with the help of experienced mentors (6h/day).
- Masterclasses from professionals in IT, mobile, Internet and marketing spheres (2h/day).
- Workshops and meetings with invited speakers and experts (2h/day).
- Final project pitching on Demo Day with investors and corporates.
Why this Format:
- Teamwork in teams of three to four people — most effective for developing ideas
- The flow of ideas — help inspire yourself
- The international community, networking — a productive environment allows you to gain new information and ideas
- Teambuilding — the secret weapon of every entrepreneur!
- B2C and B2B in Russia, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia
- Russian IT, mobile, Internet market
- Startup promotion on the Russian market
- Investment opportunities for a startup in Russia
- Economic metrics in startup projects
- Basics of financial planning
- PR communication for startups
- Pitch deck
- Public speaking
Demo Day pitching session on the 30th of August:
- Show the results
- Acquire valuable contacts
- Raise investment for your project from angels and VC’s
Who can attend?
- Students and young entrepreneurs who want to develop high-tech and IT startups
- Entrepreneurs with current projects who want to facilitate and fast test new ideas
- Startup leaders looking to acquire new contacts and skills
- International startup-entrepreneurs who will be entering the Russian market
Dates for 2019:
August 19 — August 30
€900,- per person includes: accommodation, educational program, cultural program, coffee breaks during the working process.
Deadline for registration for Russian citizens is August 17.
Deadline for registration for foreigners is August 13.
For registration and more information visit our site